It’s Nov. 18, and I’ve officially accepted that Christmas is coming.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas. But I think there’s a certain point in November when it’s OK to start decorating, shopping and caroling. And today is the day.
So to kick off this Christmas season, I thought I would leave you with my favorite holiday movies.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I actually prefer the cartoon, where the Grinch is voiced by Boris Karloff, but the Jim Carrey version is just as good. And funnier.
- Elf. SANTA! I KNOW HIM!
- It’s a Wonderful Life.
- Polar Express. As a 14-year-old, this movie brought the magic of Christmas back. A few years prior to that, Santa left my brother and I a Polar Express-inspired gift—one of my top Christmases.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Jingle All the Way.
- The Santa Clause.
- White Christmas.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- The Holiday.
- While You Were Sleeping. Not overly Christmasy, but a great alternative if you’re not looking for something that screams red and green.
- The claymation Christmas movies are also must-sees.
Tonight, put on your comfiest PJs and fuzzy socks, grab a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate, and curl up on the couch with one of these flicks.
‘Tis the season, after all.