I’m not sure how I feel about this recipe, but Andrew really liked it, so I decided I would share it.
It was ok, but it didn’t send me over the moon. (Unlike the black bean soup from last week. That was fantastic.)
You could probably serve this like a Chipotle burrito bowl, but we just ate it all mushy like in bowls.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND RICE WITH BLACK BEANS
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 Tbs. smoked paprika
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 c. cooked brown rice (Don’t use Minute Rice, it will be mushy. Unless you want it mushy.)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. corn (I used the whole can)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. heavy cream or 2% milk
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Sprinkle chicken breasts with smoked paprika and place in crockpot. Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Recipe adapted from A Fun Foodie.
P.S. There aren’t any pictures because it didn’t look that great…