After the disappointment of not buying a house, Hubby and I were resigned to staying in our current apartment. The only downfall to it (besides living in the basement and not having central air), is that it’s too far from the lab if Hubby has to run in for a few minutes.
We started looking for a new place in mid-June, and WE FOUND ONE!!! We’ll be renting a house in Northside, and will be moving at the end of the month.
So I decided to round up the cool places in Northside to see, eat, drink and shop.
- Django Western Taco: street tacos (probably the best in Cincinnati)
- Melt Eclectic Cafe: vegetarian/vegan food
- The Listing Loon: bottle upon bottle of beer
- Take the Cake: bakery, but lunch and brunch too; focused on seasonal ingredients
- Northside Farmers Market: year-round, which is awesome
- Northside Tavern: live music every night
- The Comet: biker-type bar, but supposedly has really good food
- Shake It Records: vinyl upon vinyl upon vinyl
- Lots of local boutiques, including NVISION and Northside International Airport
- Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum and Mt. Airy Forest
- Sidewinder Coffee
We’ve hit a few of these places in the past year, but there’s still lots more to discover. Plus, we’re super close to College Hill, so we’ll be spending time there as well.