It’s summer time, and for those of you who, like me, don’t have a full-time job, you probably get bored sitting around at home. Well I’ve got a solution for you—or solutions…
1. Watch videos on YouTube. I’ve recently become obsessed with beauty videos. But music and cat videos are favs of mine too.
2. Start a garden. If you live in an apartment, grow a few herbs in little pots on your windowsill.
3. Clean your house.
4. If you play an instrument, take it out and play, even if it’s been years.
5. Watch movies you haven’t seen in a while.
6. Start a new exercise routine. There are lots of free workout videos on YouTube, or purchase a workout DVD.
7. Do a crossword puzzle—without cheating!
8. Reread a few of your favorite books. Wuthering Heights tops my list, followed closely by the Hunger Games series and The Great Gatsby.
9. Rearrange your furniture.
10. Skype with one of your friends or relatives who lives far away.
11. Catch up on your favorite TV shows on Netflix.
12. Shop your pantry and create a yummy meal.
13. Upcycle something you’ve been thinking of getting rid of.
14. Shop your closet and create new outfits. Or go through your closet and get rid of things you haven’t worn in a while.
15. Put a puzzle together.
16. Scrapbook some photos you’ve had lying around for a while.
17. Start a blog.
18. Give yourself a mani/pedi.
19. Write a letter to someone you miss.
20. Create a playlist of your favorite songs.
21. Experiment with a new hairstyle or makeup look.
22. Plan your next trip, even if you’re not going anywhere anytime soon.
23. Create a bucket list.
24. Start a Pinterest account and find a cool craft to do.
25. Give yourself a facial.
26. Research your ancestry online.
27. Try your hand at making a new cocktail.
28. Bake cookies. Or brownies. Or both.
29. Play video games, even if you suck at them.
30. Take up yoga.
31. Redecorate your house with things you already have.
32. Make popsicles from scratch.
33. Give your pet a bath.
34. Lay out at your neighborhood pool.
35. Get in your car and drive. You might find somewhere really neat on your impromptu “adventure.”
36. Make a to-do or grocery list.
37. Make a list of books to read.
38. Clean up your computer or phone.
39. Organize all of your important documents.
40. Catch up on the lastest news.