Tonight was date night, and we went to dinner at The Brown Dog Cafe. The Brown Dog Cafe is a member of Greater Cincinnati Independent Restaurants, which hosts a yearly event called Restaurant Week. This year, Restaurant Week is from Sept. 10-19.
Each restaurant that participates comes up with a special menu for Restaurant Week. Most of the items on the Restaurant Week menu aren’t on the every day menu, so the chefs get to showcase something different. The meals are all three courses, and are either $33 for two meals or $33 per person, which is a great deal.
Our food was fantastic, and I would definitely go back to The Brown Dog Cafe.
The other places in GCI are:
- 20 Brix, 101 Main Street, Milford, Ohio
- Behle Street Cafe, 50 E. Rivercenter Boulevard, Covington, Ky.
- Bella Luna, 4632 Eastern Avenue, Cincinnati
- The Brown Dog Cafe, 5893 Pfeiffer Road, Cincinnati
- China Gourmet, 3340 Erie Avenue, Cincinnati
- Clough Crossings, 6892 Clough Pike, Cincinnati
- Dilly Cafe, Wines & Gourmet, 6818 Wooster Pike, Mariemount, Ohio
- InCahoots, 4110 Hunt Road, Blue Ash, Ohio
- Iron Horse Restaurant, 40 Glendale Village Square, Cincinnati
- Jag’s Steak and Seafood, 5980 West Chester Road, West Chester, Ohio
- La Poste Eatery, 3410 Telford Street, Cincinnati
- Lavomatic Cafe, 1211 Vine Street, Cincinnati
- Local 127, 413 Vine Street, Cincinnati
- Mac’s Pizza Pub, 205 W. McMillan Street, Cincinnati
- Meritage Restaurant, 1140 Congress Avenue, Cincinnati
- Padrino Italian, 111 Main Street, Cincinnati
- Pompilio’s Restaurant, 1920 Declaration Boulevard, Independence, Ky.
- Pompilio’s Restaurant, 600 Washington Avenue, Newport, Ky.
- Primavista, 810 Matson Place, Cincinnati
- Relish Modern Tapas, 5947 Deerfield Boulevard, Mason, Ohio
- The Golden Lamb, 27 S. Broadway Street, Lebanon, Ohio
- The Summit, 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati
- The White House Inn, 4940 Muhlhauser Road, Hamilton, Ohio
- View Cucina, 2200 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati
- Vito’s Cafe, 654 Highland Avenue, Ste. 29, Ft. Thomas, Ky.
- Washington Platform Saloon & Restaurant, 1000 Elm Street, Cincinnati
The 26 restaurants of GCI have a rewards card that’s worth signing up for. Not only can you use it in the Cincinnati area at the restaurants above, but you can use them in other cities around the country (St. Louis, KC and the Twin Cities are a few).