This semester has flown by, but it hasn’t been a walk in the park.
I’ve spent the last 16 weeks as a Scene department editor at Vox magazine. All in all, I spent about 25 hours either in the mag office or working on stuff for the publication. It was a fantastic experience, and I’m not so sure I want it to end.
I’ve learned a lot this semester, such as:
- How make micro and macro edits
- How to manage my time and others in order to make deadlines
- How to deal with reporters when they miss deadlines or have problems during the reporting or writing processes
- How to write thought-provoking blogs
- How to tease to content on CoTweet
- How to pitch original story ideas
- How to upload content to a content management system
For a better idea of what I did this semester, check out my clips.
Next semester will be different, and I have no idea what I’m going to do without Vox.